The PUCT has published rules on electric transmission lines. Your immediate action is needed. The rules as published pose a critical threat to Shelby!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
SUBMIT A LETTER TO THE PUCT
Comments must be submitted to the Public Utility Commission by Thursday, October 13, 2011. We recommend you drop the letter in the mail no later than Monday afternoon to ensure timely delivery. You can use the provided SAMPLE BELOW and then make 16 copies and mail them together in a large envelope to:
Filing Clerk, Public Utility Commission of Texas
1701 North Congress Avenue
P.O. Box 13326
Austin, Texas 78711-3326
October 6, 2011
Public Utility Commission of Texas Central Records/Filing Clerk
1701 N Congress PO Box 13326 Austin, Texas 78711-3326
To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to express my opposition to the proposed CenterPoint high voltage power line (Project # 39537). I am also expressing my opposition to the proposed PUC rule as published.
Shelby, Texas hosts an abundance of environmental treasures and a wonderful, tight knit community. Shelby is also home to a number of power line and petroleum pipeline easements. For a town of our size we have more than our fair share. Please no more.
Insert personal story here – paragraph or two will work.
Respectfully, I have several suggestions for the PUCT on the proposed rule changes:
1. Please adopt the PUCT staff recommendations originally proposed. These recommendations elevate the public interest in transmission line applications.
2. Adopt a process where a transmission line application has to pass a consumer benefit test as well as a societal impact test.
3. Adopt a policy that uses best practice marketplace analysis and not shortsighted market speculation to evaluate the economic criteria to approve projects.
4. ERCOT’s job is to ensure electrical system reliability. The PUCT’s job is to protect the public interest. Please take your job seriously, and not accept all ERCOT recommendations without your PUCT’s internal study.
5. Please examine other options – like building additional plants in the Houston area.
We stand behind our community and our state officials Representative Lois Kolhkorst and Senator Glenn Hegar, in urging you to adopt rules that will protect the public interest and our beloved Shelby.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
If you would like a Microsoft Word version of the letter, Send an email to scottegilmore (at) gmail (dot) com and we will send you the document.